- Covers basic HTML page concepts, DOCTYPE declaration, tags, and validating HTML code.
- Discusses basic CSS principles and syntax.
Chapter 2: Creating Maps and Adding Layers
- Covers referencing the ArcGIS API, loading modules, and creating the map.
- Shows how to create page content and style the page.
- Discusses working with map service layers, including tiled map service layers and dynamic map service layers.
- Explains how to add layers to the map and work with map navigation.
Chapter 3: Adding Graphics to the Map
- Explains the components of a graphic in ArcGIS.
- Covers creating geometry for graphics and symbolizing them.
- Shows how to assign attributes to graphics and display graphic attributes in an info template.
- Demonstrates how to create and add graphics to the graphics layer.
Chapter 4: The Feature Layer
- Covers creating a FeatureLayer object in ArcGIS.
- Explains optional constructor parameters and display modes.
- Discusses feature selection and rendering a feature layer.
Chapter 5: Using Widgets and Toolbars
- Shows how to add toolbars to an application.
- Covers creating buttons and defining CSS styles.
- Introduces various user interface widgets such as BasemapGallery, Bookmarks, Print, Geocoder, Gauge, Measurement, Popup, Legend, and more.
- Discusses analysis widgets and feature editing.
Chapter 6: Performing Spatial and Attribute Queries
- Introduces tasks in ArcGIS Server.
- Explains attribute and spatial queries.
- Covers the Query object, defining query properties, executing queries with QueryTask, and getting query results.
Chapter 7: Identifying and Finding Features
- Shows how to use IdentifyTask to get feature attributes.
- Introduces the IdentifyParameters and IdentifyResult objects.
- Covers implementing the identify functionality.
- Explains using FindTask to find feature attributes using FindParameters and FindResult.
Chapter 8: Turning Addresses into Points and Points into Addresses
- Explains input parameter objects, geocoding process, and reverse geocoding process.
- Covers using the Locator object and AddressCandidate object.
- Provides a hands-on practice with the Locator service.
Chapter 9: Network Analyst Tasks
- Covers RouteTask and demonstrates routing.
- Explains the ClosestFacility task and ServiceArea task.
Chapter 10: Geoprocessing Tasks
- Introduces models in ArcGIS Server.
- Covers using the Geoprocessor for running geoprocessing tasks.
- Explains input parameters and running synchronous and asynchronous tasks.
- Provides hands-on practice with geoprocessing tasks.
Chapter 11: Integration with ArcGIS Online
- Shows how to add ArcGIS Online maps to applications using the webmap ID and JSON.
- Provides hands-on practice with ArcGIS Online.
Chapter 12: Creating Mobile Applications
- Covers the compact build, setting viewport scale, and integrating the Geolocation API.
- Provides hands-on practice with mobile application development.
Appendix: Application Design with ArcGIS
Includes information on application design with ArcGIS templates and Dojo, covering the Dojo BorderContainer dijit and additional Dojo layout elements.